Whether you’re a new start-up or an established business, keeping control of your operational budget is vital. One area where most companies look to get a good deal is on website hosting.
Making the right choice here is not just about the cost, however. Businesses need to understand the difference between managed and shared hosting and how it affects the performance of their most important online asset.
Here we take a closer look at the difference between shared and managed hosting and how spending a little extra delivers important advantages.
Managed WordPress Hosting vs Shared Hosting
Shared hosting is the cheaper option by far and something to consider seriously if you have a very limited budget. But what does it actually mean?
For a start, you’re on a shared server along with perhaps thousands of other businesses, organisations and private sites such as blogs. These are all using the resources available and this will impact on the download speed for your site. If there is one bad actor in the group, their poor performance can impact on yours.
If you are a small business with a static website, then this might not matter so much. Once you start growing, however, you need to consider managed hosting because it delivers much more benefits.
Managed WordPress Hosting means that you have your own, dedicated space and don’t have to share with other sites. It is more expensive but the benefits far outweigh the cost disadvantage. You get your own, often tailored resources and have the opportunity to use more appropriate software that really works for your business.
The Benefits of Managed WordPress Hosting
Shared hosting, though cheap, can vary considerably depending on who you use. It certainly doesn’t guarantee the high level of security you need to protect data and the range of resources are not only limited but shared with others.
Managed WordPress hosting, on the other hand, is far superior:
- You should expect better speeds and overall performance for your website.
- You are likely to see higher levels of uptime which means you don’t have to worry about suddenly being off-line.
- All businesses need to be concerned with cybersecurity and managed WordPress hosting gives you a better set of tools, ensuring you are more robust when it comes to online threats.
- Managed hosting also gives you plenty of options, not least when you need to scale up as your business continues to grow.
- You get better customer support. With shared hosting, this is often generalised in nature. With managed hosting, you should expect your host to deliver high levels of customer help and support that really benefit your business and help it grow.
Why Choose Simplicity Digital?
If you have a basic site and are not looking to grow a business, shared hosting is probably the best cheap option. It can work well, for example, for activities such as blogging.
If you are searching for a more dedicated service that suits your growing business and gives you a set of tools that will help you develop over the future, then managed hosting is much better.
Simplicity Digital provides both managed shared hosting as well as dedicated managed hosting for a wide range of businesses. With the different packages we have on offer, we are able to deliver hosting solutions that are tailored to individual needs.
Our shared hosting starts at just £96 per year and our dedicated managed WordPress hosting begins at £35 per month. We offer scalable solutions that means we can help at all stages of your business evolution.
If you are searching for the best hosting solution for your business, contact the team at Simplicity Digital today.